Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Modern Modest Disney Princesses: Week 1

Hey everyone!

It's been a while!

A short while ago, I was contacted by the ever-fabulous The Classy Diaries to collaborate with her and other lovely bloggers to bring you modern modest Disney princesses! Every Wednesday one of us will post a modern outfit inspired by a Disney leading lady of our choosing. I jumped at the honor to participate. I was lucky to have the first week and kick everything off!

Picking the princess was the hardest part! It was a strategic compromise between my favorite characters and finding items I had in my closet that would coordinate best with their signature look.
At first I wanted to do Ariel, as I have tons of green skirts, and I love her red hair. Before I knew it though, I was researching the princesses and realized I had the perfect pieces for Snow White. Plus, she has shorter hair and so do I! Bonus, she was the first Disney Princess, so it makes sense to do her first, right? ;)

Without further ado, here's my modern take!
I had so much fun dressing up. As all the pieces came together and I put on my shoes and makeup, I really did feel like a princess! I went out and ran an errand with this outfit on, and everyone commented I looked like Snow, which made me feel even cooler!
The bright primary colors of her outfit really brought out happy feelings too! I felt like singing "Whistle While You Work" while doing tasks around my house. 
Let's just hope those apples I bought yesterday aren't poisoned! Good thing I have a prince who will give me true love's kiss in case there are ;)
My skirt and top are from BPriceless, my shoes are from Poshmark, and my headband from Claire's.
You can still buy the items at BPriceless, and I found similar shoes here and a similar headband here.
Thanks for taking a peek! You can follow me on Instagram here, and The Classy Diaries (the gorgeous host of this series) here.

1 comment: